Accounting / Bookkeeping Administrator
For the Eeyou Marine Region Organization, Waskaganish QC
Backgrounder on the Eeyou Marine Region:
The Eeyou Marine Region Planning Commission (EMRPC), Eeyou Marine Region Impact Review Board (EMRIRB), and Eeyou Marine Region Wildlife Board were established under the Eeyou Marine Region Land Claims Agreement (EMRLCA), to guide the implementation of this offshore agreement.
The offices and staff of the EMRPC, EMRIRB and EMRWB are shared and located in Waskaganish, Quebec.
These Boards and Commission are jointly seeking a qualified and reliable individual to serve as the Accountant and Bookkeeper Administrator. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Administer the operating funds of the three boards;
- Manage the payroll services;
- Manage payable and receivable accounts;
- Manage bank and credit card reconciliations; and
- Write monthly and annual financial reports
Applicants must be fluent (spoken) in Cree and (written and spoken) in English. Knowledge of French is considered an asset. Have must have the following or combination of the following:
– A CEGEP degree or diploma in business management/administration/accounting and/or a relevant field with proven expertise in bookkeeping/accounting;
– A minimum of 5 years work experience in business management/administration and in bookkeeping/accounting expertise is required;
– Office administration methods and practices and the analytical, problem solving, time management and communications techniques required;
– A high level of competency in computer software including Quickbooks, Sage50 or similar accounting software, and Office365 applications, like Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point;
– Methods, techniques and practices in planning, monitoring and reporting on budgets, expenditures and revenues for the EMRWB;
– Verbal and writing skills to exchange information on a wide range of topics within the office and with representatives of other institutions, communities, government departments and the private sector;
– Must be willing to learn and perform the administrative assistant’s day-to-day activities from time to time.
This is a local hire from Waskaganish. Housing is not provided. Salary starts at $63,000 annually for qualified candidates, in addition to a competitive benefits package.
Applicants are invited to visit the Eeyou Marine Region website at http://www.eeyoumarineregion.ca/ for general information about the organizations. The EMR entities are equal opportunity employers. In accordance with this and with the EMRLCA, conditions may vary to promote the employment of local and/or Cree candidates.
Please send your covering letter and resume by e-mail to Priscillia Wesley at: email@example.com or to the following coordinates: Eeyou Marine Region, 4 Chief Isaiah Salt Rd., Waskaganish, QC.
Closing date is February 28, 2019 at 5:00pm. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.