In 2012, the Eeyou Marine Region Planning Commission (EMRPC) was established under the Eeyou Marine Region Land Claims Agreement (EMRLCA) to guide the development of planning policies, priorities and objectives in the Eeyou Marine Region.
The office and staff of the EMRPC are shared with the Eeyou Marine Region Wildlife Board and the Eeyou Maine Region Impact Review Board and located in Waskaganish, Quebec
The EMRPC is seeking a qualified and reliable individual to serve as the Administrator for the EMRPC for a 2 year contract, from May 2019 to March 2021, until a new budget agreement is agreed upon with the signatories; Nunavut Government, Canada and the Cree Nation Government. A new permanent position will be established following this transitional phase. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- ensuring that the EMRPC operate in a manner consistent with their policies and procedures;
- monitoring the progress of action items and implementation of the EMRPC annual work plans;
- preparing an annual workplan for the operation of the EMRPC in co-operation with the Chairperson of the EMRPC;
- preparing the annual budget and cash flow projections for the operation of the EMRPC in co-operation with the Chairperson of the EMRPC;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other organizations, other co-management boards, MDOs, government agencies and the public;
Applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to speak and/or write Cree or French is considered an asset. Applicants must have the following or contribution to the following:
- A CEGEP degree or diploma in business management or specialization in administration
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in business management or environmental management
- Knowledge of land use planning and in environmental management an asset
- A suitable combination of education and experience.
The position is located in Waskaganish, Quebec. Assistance for relocation is available. Housing is available at a subsidized rate. Starting salary is commensurate with level of education and experience and includes a competitive Northern benefits package.
Applicants are invited to visit the web site www.eeyoumarineregion.ca to review the Land Use Planning (Chapter 6) provisions of the EMRLCA and the related maps that apply to the Eeyou Marine Region.
In accordance with this and with the EMRLCA, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Cree candidates.
Please send your covering letter and resumé by e-mail to Priscillia Wesley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is April 30th, 2019.
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.