The Eeyou Marine Region (EMR) is seeking a consultant to assist the EMR in identifying our data management and data governance needs. The EMR consists of three independent co-management bodies known as institutions of public governance:
- The Eeyou Marine Region Wildlife Board
- The Eeyou Marine Region Impact Review Board
- The Eeyou Marine Region Planning Commission
Each board has distinct mandates and data management needs. The three boards share an office and some staff in Waskaganish, Eeyou Istchee. For further information the boards refer to the Eeyou Marine Region Land Claims Agreement and our website: https://www.eeyoumarineregion.ca/
Scope and Deliverables
The main objective of the work will be help clarify the most important end-goals for the use of EMR data and to recommend next steps for developing data management and data governance practices and protocols for the EMR.
The consultant should be aware of the capacity and staffing challenges that the EMR faces on an ongoing basis.
The main deliverables of this project are as follows:
- A needs assessment workshop with key individuals within EMR (by video conference)
- A report clarifying EMR data management needs, goals and recommended next steps
The EMR will rate proposals based on the following factors:
- Relevant past performance/experience
- Technical expertise/experience
Applicants are asked to submit a proposal including a budget for the work proposed to Priscillia Wesley at email@example.com by December 16, 2019. The EMR reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value to the EMR as determined solely by the EMR in its absolute discretion.